In preparation for the release of their new album, Happiness Is, Taking Back Sunday posted a message to their fans expressing their excitement as well as giving some insight into the process that made the album come to life. Check out their whole message below, after the jump.
If you’d like to purchase a CD, you can pre-order Happiness Is here before it’s released.
And if you’d like to see Taking Back Sunday on tour, you can buy concert tickets here.
“Every new album comes with two unique adventures. The first is the writing and recording of the album. The second is the release of and reaction to that album. For us the writing and recording was unlike anything we experienced before. We wrote in an insane variety of places over the course of two years. An ancient house in the mountains of West Virginia. A studio in the woods of Fenton, Michigan. A studio in the suburbs of Long Island, New York. We wrote on the road. In tour buses, back stages and hotels around the world. We recorded the album in two separate studios with two different producers. Each environment and producer brought out something unique in us. Throughout the process of writing and recording we went through so much as individuals and as a group. A lot of those experiences made their way onto the record but it’s hard to say how or where they showed up. That’s all in the past now though and we’re about to experience the second adventure. The one where we put all of that out there and see how people react to it. For better or worse the response will be a surprise. The way people will connect to or disconnect from your music is completely unpredictable. Whatever the response, it will shape the next years of our lives and ultimately pave the way for the writing of our next record. We can only wait and see. For now we’ve got an album we’re proud of and we’re hoping that means something.”
Ruth Marie Kast
Latest posts by Ruth Marie Kast (see all)
- WATCH: Gerard Way “I Didn’t Have It Mapped Out” Interview - September 12, 2014
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Play Secret UK Show Under Fake Name - September 12, 2014
- Death Of The iPod Classic - September 10, 2014
- Taking Back Sunday Give Eddie Reyes A Male Stripper On Stage
- Music Video: The Ready Set “Give Me Your Hand (Best Song Ever)”
- Count To Four Announce New Album ‘Between Two Cities’
- WATCH: Taking Back Sunday W/ Spencer Chamberlain “Timberwolves At New Jersey”
- Cassadee Pope Video Message To Hey Monday Fans